HOLD A LOBBY ART EXHIBIT
The WriterHouse Lobby is available for art exhibitions by local artists. Selection of artists will be by a committee, and artists need not be WriterHouse members. We hope the art will attract new members and stimulate writers who work in the space.
If you would like to exhibit, please read the guidelines below and then email Patricia Clauson, firstname.lastname@example.org, with jpgs of the artwork, a bio of the artist, and a brief explanation of the work from the artists point of view.
1. Each artist is responsible for hanging, selling and removing his or her work in the month scheduled for exhibition, at a time when an authorized WriterHouse representative will be available to unlock the door and supervise. WriterHouse assumes no liability for installation, loss or sales.
2. Each artist is responsible for publicity, advertising, mailed notices, and local media calendars. WriterHouse will announce each exhibition in its email member newsletter and post a notice on its website.
3. Artist will hang framed works only from the adjustable hooks and wires provided. No nails should be driven into the walls.
4. Artist will provide information on titles, prices, payment terms, and artist contact for purchasers. This can take the form of a printed page or tags attached to frames.
5. All work will remain on exhibit for the month scheduled, or if taken by a purchaser, replaced by the artist with similar work.
6. Art may include drawings, paintings, watercolors, photographs, collage, textiles, mixed media, or other mostly flat objects, of general interest and inoffensive content.
7. Each artist may exhibit up to twelve works or up to thirty linear feet of wall space in the Lobby.
8. Artists may request to hold an opening reception at WriterHouse on the first Friday of the month, providing an authorized WriterHouse volunteer is available to attend the event and no other WriterHouse event has been scheduled for that time. The artist will provide refreshments, clean up after the reception, and be responsible for publicity for the event
9.Artists will be asked to donate ten percent of sales from the exhibition to WriterHouse as a tax-deductible contribution.